Last week we sat down (virtually) with Connect Travel and other experts in the space to discuss our thoughts on the influencer marketing industry and what’s going on as it relates to COVID-19.
Guest speakers included:
- Kristin Luna, Journalist and Blogger at Camels & Chocolate & Media Grits
- Matt Maxey, Associate Director of Public Relations at Visit Franklin
- Josh Collins, Director Destination Activations and Marketing at Streetsense
- Jade Broadus, Vice President & Creative Director at Travel Mindset
Together, we shared insights, ideas, tips and resources to help influencers, brands and destinations prepare for the comeback as the pandemic begins to fizzle out and travel becomes safe again.
Some key topics and discussion points from the webinar include:
- The importance of designing a strong game plan and sharing resources to maintain consistent messaging, especially surrounding safety (pro tip: create a one-sheeter!)
- How and why you absolutely need to be picky about working with the right influencers during this time
- How influencers can support local brands and communities right now
- Solid relationships matter more now than ever before
- Low hanging fruit and tips on repurposing influencer content
- Why you should be focusing on your local community and drive markets first
- Ideas around teaming up with nearby cities for marketing campaigns
Watch the webinar here: