Official Rules for Visit Virginia Beach Love the Moment Facebook Contest
Official Rules of the Virginia Beach Tourism, Iexplore.com and Travel Mindset:
“Love the Moment” Facebook Photo Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED. By submitting an entry to the Love the Moment Sweepstakes(this “Sweepstakes”) you are agreeing to be bound by the following legal terms. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”). All questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Travel Mindset, 4324 West Addison Street Chicago, IL 60641 (the “Sponsor”) and not to Facebook.
2. The entry period for this Sweepstakes will begin at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) April 1, 2014 and end at 11:59:59 PM EST on April 30, 2014. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by the Sponsor. Virginia Beach Tourism (VBT) will assist with the Sweepstakes as described by this Official Rules.
Multiple entries are permitted. Participation is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation is void where prohibited or restricted by law. You are responsible for checking applicable laws in your jurisdiction before attempting to participate in the Sweepstakes to ensure that your participation is legal and to ensure that your participation complies with all relevant laws. You are responsible for obtaining all passports, visas, and other government-required documents and permissions needed to use a prize.
3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and all other U.S. territories and possessions) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of registration and who enter the Sweepstakes in compliance with these Official Rules (the “Entrant”). Please note, in the event that you win the grand prize package and are under the age of 25, the grand prize package has additional age limitations which may change redemption eligibility for certain portions of the prize package. Please see section five of these Official Rules for more details regarding grand prize restrictions. In order to participate, you must have a valid Facebook account. Employees and contractors of the Sponsor and Virginia Beach- Live the Life (collectively “Promotion Entities”) and their affiliates or subsidiaries are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules which shall be final in all respects.
4. How to Enter: To enter, login to Facebook and visit and “like” the Virginia Beach- Live the Life Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/virginiabeachVA). Only those who like the PCB Facebook page can enter the Sweepstakes. Beginning at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) April 1, 2014 and ending at 11:59:59 PM EST on April 30, 2014, Entrants can visit the Love the Moment Sweepstakes page (URL is TBD) to enter the Sweepstakes. Entrants must upload a photo and description for the entry to count. Entrants will need to enter their name, age and email address for entry into the Sweepstakes. (This can depend on what information VBT wants from Entrants (email addresses, age, names, phone numbers, etc) Entrants can enter the Sweepstakes once per day during the period described by this paragraph. Only one entry is allowed per person in a 24 hour period. All entries, once submitted, become the property of VBT, iExplore and Travel Mindset and shall not be returned. Any incomplete entries will not be eligible.
5. PRIZES, DRAWING & ODDS OF WINNING: One (1) potential Sweepstakes winner will be selected in an electronic, randomized drawing from all entries on or about May 7, 2014, from all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
Grand Prize (1): One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded:
The winner of the Facebook photo contest will have the opportunity to win an array of activity and attraction passes to create lots of photo-ops in Virginia Beach. The following experiences create beautiful pictures with activities that showcase the outdoors along with restaurants that have backdrops to die for making a winner able to truly “Live the Life.” This prize has been put together for 2, however if you would like to increase this to 4, we can certainly do so, but please note it may result in out of pocket costs.
-2 night stay at the Comfort Inn on the Oceanfront www.VirginiaBeachComfort.com
-A gift certificate to rent a Surrey bike along the boardwalk
-A gift certificate to kayak through the Back Bay Wildlife Refuge
-A gift card to enjoy dinner at Blue Pete’s along the water (can also kayak to the restaurant)
-A gift card to enjoy dinner at Chick’s Oyster Bar while watching the sunset
-Passes to go to the Virginia Aquarium
-Passes to go to the Adventure Park at Virginia Aquarium
GRAND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS:
This prize has been put together for 2, however if you would like to increase this to 4, we can certainly do so, but please note it may result in out of pocket costs.
Prize does not include assistance with or travel costs or other expenses associated with obtaining a passport or visa, if required. No cash will be available in lieu of prize. No substitution of prizes is permitted except by Sponsor. Prize is not assignable or transferable. If the winner cannot for any reason redeem any element of the prize within the time frame required, the winner will forfeit that portion of the prize. All of the prize elements are subject to change and shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Actual prize value depends on the dates of travel. Travel must be completed by one year from winner selection, after which point portions of the grand prize may be forfeited due to restrictions detailed in this section and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Winner is responsible for any transportation not specifically noted in these rules. Winner is responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents prior to travel. Certain restrictions, as determined by Sponsor, may apply. If winner cannot comply with these restrictions or any other portion of these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner will be chosen. If winner cannot travel on the dates specified by sponsor, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner.. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not listed herein as part of the prize including, without limitation, ground transportation (other than that specified above as included in prize), luggage fees, souvenirs, miscellaneous hotel expenses, and gratuities are the sole responsibility of winner.
The potential winner will receive prize notification via email and Facebook from Sponsor. The winner will be required to respond to Sponsor within seven (7) calendar days in order to receive all applicable paperwork for winner acceptance. The potential winner will then have seven (7) calendar days to return to Sponsor the signed and notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and IRS W9 form. Upon receipt of the prize acceptance form by Sponsor, the potential winner then and only then becomes the “winner.” If such potential winner does not respond within seven (7) calendar days of being alerted, does not respond within seven (7) calendar days of receiving all applicable paperwork for winner acceptance, is ineligible pursuant to applicable law or these Official Rules, if any notification is returned undeliverable, if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, or if the potential winner declines the prize, he/she will forfeit that prize and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected in a random drawing.
All components of the grand prize package will be delivered by VIRGINIA BEACH TOURISM will contact the winner via phone and/or email after the winner has been selected and confirmed by Travel Mindset.
6. Ownership of Entries: By entering this Sweepstakes, you grants to VBT and Travel Mindset the worldwide right to publish, broadcast and use in any media, including the World Wide Web, your entry, name, picture, and likeness, without limitation, for promotional and advertising purposes without additional compensation.
7. Warranties: By accepting the prize, you consent to the use of the name, likeness, and image of you and your guests by VBT, iExplore.com, Travel Mindset, its affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, and licensees, in connection with VBT’s, iExplore.com, Travel Mindset’s marketing activities, in any media or format now known or hereafter invented, in any and all locations, without any payment to or further approval from anyone, and to warrant that you are authorized to make this consent and will indemnify VBT, iExplore.com and Travel Mindset, its affiliate, subsidiaries, parents, and licensees to the extent that you are not authorized to make this consent or such consent is invalid. You agree that this consent is perpetual and cannot be revoked.
8. Limitation of Liability: By participating in the event, you agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, VBT, Facebook, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotions agencies, and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees\(collectively “Released Entities”) from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability of any kind resulting from or arising out of your participation in the Sweepstakes or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes, INCLUDING INJURIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS AND ANY LIABILITY OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN FULL OR IN PART FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED ENTITIES. Released Entities are not responsible for any miscommunications such as technical failures related to computer, telephone, mobile device, cable, wireless, or unavailable network or server connections, related technical failures, or other failures related to hardware, software or virus, or incomplete, late or misdirected entries. Any compromise to the fair and proper conduct of this Sweepstakes may result in the disqualification of an entry, termination of the Sweepstakes, or other remedial action, at the sole discretion of Sponsor and VBT.
Released Entities shall have no responsibility or liability for (a) lost, late, stolen, undelivered, inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misdirected, damaged or garbled registrations, entries, URLs, or emails; (b) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (c) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries or registrations at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (d) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, cable, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (e) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the website or any combination thereof or for computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, social networking posts, or registrations, the announcement of the prizes, or in any other Sweepstakes-related materials; or (f) any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes (or any part thereof) is not capable of being conducted as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then and/or for any other reason, the Promotion Entities reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. If terminated, the Promotion Entities may, at their discretion, award the prizes for the drawing at issue from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received for the applicable drawing for the Sweepstakes up to time of such action.
9. Waiver: By entering the Sweepstakes, you waive all rights to seek injunctive or equitable relief, or to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or attorneys’ fees in any action against the Released Entities related to this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules.
10. Law & Jurisdiction: You agree that these terms and the relationship between you and Sponsor and VBT shall be governed by the laws of the State of Chicago. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction located in Chicago, IL.
11. Tax Information: Except as expressly provided in these Official Rules, all governmental reporting of prizes and all federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner. A 1099 tax form will be issued to the winner.
12. Entire Agreement: These Official Rules set forth the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings relating thereto, whether oral or written.
Other Voices you might like
Adventure, Photographer, Couples
Writer, Photographer, World Traveler